Friday, April 16, 2010

My treatment at Hamid Arshat


10 months after we got married, I suggested to hubby for a checkup up at Hamid Arshat. Being totally new to this stuff, I'm only familiar dengan nama Hamid Arshat. Rasanya di kalangan kaum-kaum ibu, Hamid Arshat is no stranger.

Sekali pandang rasa terlalu baru usia perkahwinan but I just wanted to go for a basic check up, just in case ada apa-apa yang tidak normal, we can detect it early and take immediate action. Klu semua normal, oklah..

Hubby agreed, and we went there. I'm lucky that I have such an understanding husband. I always heard that many of those with similar problem; their husband wouldn't see the doctor which is very frustrating dan pronouncing defeat would be the most likely option.

I had had a few scans on my wombs with Dr Hamid and other doctors and it appeared to be normal. Tapi masa scan dengan Dr Hamid, it was already day 20 of my cycle and yet he said my egg had not yet been released which is not normal.

So the next step would be 'Semen Analysis' untuk abang romeo & I had to go for HSG (Hysterosalpingogram). Memang rasa agak seram untuk buat HSG. I dah baca a few forums and ada yang cakap HSG sakit and ada yang cakap just a slight discomfort.


A story from a dear friend, she went for HSG at government hospital. She bleed for slightly more than 1 month after the HSG due to infection that she had to be rushed to the emergency ward. Her friend also experience the same thing. Tell me how could I not be afraid after hearing such stories?

Ideally, HSG should be performed after your period but before ovulation. More or so day 10 - day 12 of your menstrual cycle. I went for my HSG at Daya X-Ray at Jalan Raja Laut. Seram bila doctor nk masukkan something into my vagina. Lepas 2 rasa macam vagina kene screw. But seriously, I do feel a slight discomfort and no pain at all. I noticed that most people who came there came for HSG. So I felt confident that the doctors there are already expert. Klinik Hamid Arshat pon ade bekalkan I antibiotic, as precautionary against infection.


So after that we went to Hamid Arshat for 'Semen Analysis'. Keputusannya, my husband is normal and I had one blocked tube. Tapi Dr Hamid cakap I can still get pregnant even with 1 tube. So he told us untuk cuba secara normal since kesan dari HSG tu boleh unblock tube I yang ada blockage tu. A few people do get pregnant after HSG.

I still can walk like normal people after the HSG procedure. Tapi masa kat kat klinik Dr Hamid dah rasa senak semacam, tak boleh stand straight. Bongkok mcm nenek kebayan. Sampai kat rumah lagi menjadi-jadi tp lepas tuam dengan air panas, malam tu dah rasa lega cket tp kembung-kembung masih ada. All in all, the HSG went well for me except the result yang agak mengecewakan.

No comments:

Post a Comment